Before / as you move in, we will provide you with the following information about your new home:
- Tenancy agreement
- Gas safety certificate (if your home has a gas supply)
- Electrical safety certificate
- Energy performance certificate
- Service charge schedule (if applicable)
- Fire safety instructions (if you live in a block of flats which needs a fire risk assessment
- Information on fire door safety (if you live in a block of flats which needs a fire risk assessment )
You can move in as soon as you have signed your Tenancy agreement.
Moving home checklist
Your old home. Have you:
- Given notice to your current landlord?
- Taken a final reading of your electric, gas and water supplies?
- Set up mail redirection with the Post Office?
Your new home. Have you?
- Set up a direct debit to pay your rent?
- Registered on our self-service portal to manage your rent account?
- Taken meter readings and contacted your utilities suppliers to set up new accounts?
- Registered for Council Tax with your local council
- Arranged your contents insurance?
Remember to give your new address to the following:
- Your employer
- Department of work and pensions (DWP)
- Bank/Building Society
- Any credit or loan companies
- Insurance companies
- Mail order/store card companies
- TV licensing
- Any agencies that provide you with support
- You also need to register at your new address to vote: www.gov.uk/register-to-vote